Medik8: Award-winning Skincare Cosmeceuticals
Medik8 Retinol Eye TR is a specially formulated retinol serum for use in the delicate under-eye area. Containing highly stable, encapsulated all-trans retinol at 0.1% concentration, Retinol Eye TR melts into the skin and leaves a non-greasy powder dry finish. It does not irritate like regular retinol products because of the unique time-release (TR) formula.
Retinol has been shown in several clinical trials to combat common skin-aging concerns such as facial wrinkles, lines, folds and a loss of firmness by supporting collagen and hyaluronic acid production. Retinol has also been proven to improve skin clarity and texture, promote anti-pigmentation plus demonstrate pore-minimizing effects, all leading to a more youthful skin appearance.
Medik8 Retinol Eye TR Explained
The Benefits of Medik8 Retinol Eye TR
- Diminishes the appearance of the size and depth of wrinkles and lines in under-eye area and the crow’s feet
- Boosts firmness, plumpness and epidermal hydration under and around the eye
- Used with Dark Circles/Pretox Eyelift, helps reduce the appearance of under-eye shadows
- Used with White Balance, helps brighten the skin and prevent future hyperpigmentation
- Powder dry finish with no greasiness or tackiness
- Novel time release mechanism reduces irritation by gently releasing actives over hours, not minutes
- Enhanced stability over regular retinol products by using film encaspulation to protect retinol from oxidation
- Medik8 further ensure maximum stability for ALL retinol products with unique 30 day small batch guarantee
- Retinol Eye TR contains 0.1% all-trans retinol supported by vitamin E
The Technology Behind Medik8 Retinol Eye TR
Medik8 only use all-trans-retinol, the most bio active form of cosmeceutical Retinol available. Retinol Eye TR combines 0.1% all trans retinol with vitamin E in a molecular film fluid base.
Medik8 Retinol products use a novel Time-Release system to reduce the level of stinging that is very commonly reported by users of standard retinol products. It works by releasing molecules over time rather than in one big ‘hit’. The skin receives the same dose of retinol per application but spread out over hours not minutes. While people with sensitive skin may still find Retinol produces some stinging at first, the degree of sensitisation is markedly reduced.
An unfortunate weakness with standard Retinol is its instability. Retinol easily oxidizes, becoming inactive, when exposed to oxygen either in the air or in the water of cream products. Even though Medik8 and some other professional brands have revolutionized Retinol stability with film encapsulation techniques this technology is not foolproof. Therefore, Medik8 have added three further enhancements to all their Retinol products ensure the highest potency at the time of use. Firstly, Medik8 Retinol is only formulated into non-aqueous serums (ie. no creams which contain water and oil mixed). Secondly, Medik8 Retinol batches are stored under inert Nitrogen gas while awaiting filling. Lastly, Medik8 operate a strict 30 day small batch guarantee.
How to Apply Medik8 Retinol Eye TR
Retinol application should be phased in gradually. Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other day for the next 2 weeks, then every day.
In the evening, after cleansing apply one spatula of Retinol Eye TR directly under- and around the eye area. Alternatively, place a drop on your finger and then blend into the skin. If desired, apply any eye cream as usual after application of Retinol Eye TR.
Consult with your Doctor before commencing a retinol regime if pregnant, lactating, undergoing skin peeling procedures or taking prescription medication for acne. Use of sunscreen is always advised when using retinol as part of a skincare regime.
Medik8 Retinol Eye TR Key Ingredients
- All-Trans Retinol (0.1%) – helps promote collagen synthesis, improves skin texture and increases skin hydration.
- Time-release technology – improves stability and minimizes irritation associated with regular retinol products, and ensures effective absorption
Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Tocopherol Acetate, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Oil, All-Trans-Retinol, Polysorbate 20, BHT, BHA, Lecithin, Glycolipids