Medik8: Award-winning Skincare Cosmeceuticals
Hydr8 Night is a rich, intensively hydrating, overnight moisturizer – boosted with resveratrol and beta-glucan for cell-longevity and overall rejuvenation.
Medik8 uses professional strength resveratrol derived from Japanese Giant Knotweed – which is considered to be more concentrated than sources from grape skin. Resveratrol is a new class of ingredient, called a “silent information regulator,” promoting cell-longevity and helping to improve the appearance of tired skin overnight. Beta-glucan, usually derived from Japanese mushrooms, is the second highly potent ingredient in Hydr8 Night. Beta-Glucan helps support the skin’s natural restoration mechanisms and is ideal for night-time skin texture renewal.
Together with calming botanical extracts, including valerian and passionflower, Hydr8 Night adds new meaning to the term “beauty sleep.”
Suitable for all skin types and ideally matched for use with Medik8 Retinol 3 TR.
The Benefits of Medik8 Hydr8 Night
- The rich and nourishing formula helps to restore radiant suppleness and a smooth feel to the skin.
- Provides a rich moisture reservoir for overnight skin rejuvenation and rehydration.
- Smoothes the epidermis and nourishes the skin for improved elasticity and density.
- Helps to restore the appearance of skin clarity and potential brightness lost throughout the day.
The Technological Theory Behind Medik8 Hydr8 Night
Resveratrol is a phytoalexin, a type of natural antibiotic produced by plants that are under attack by pathogens such as bacteria or fungi, as well as UV exposure or physical injury.
Known to contain antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties, resveratrol is is widely utilized for its ability to potentially increase cellular longevity. The foundation for these claims was built upon the discovery made by David Sinclair, PhD, at Harvard University, who established that bioavailable resveratrol has an impact on the activity of the sirtuin gene family, also known as “longevity genes” – a group of 7 genes associated with the aging process. Sirtuin is often referred to as a “protector of cells” as it’s know to assist with self-repair when stressed cells are close to destruction. Theoretically, when a cell hesitates between battle or surrender, sirtuin steps in and persuades it to fight and repair itself. Without the sirtuin gene, the cell may have died. As everyone knows, the more skin cells die, the more we lose the age-defying battle.
Resveratrol naturally occurs in two isomer forms – cis and trans. Of the two, it is the trans isomer that has been shown in numerous studies to be the most bioactive and beneficial form of resveratrol. Medik8 only uses the chirally correct form of trans resveratrol derived from Japanese Knotweed – a robust, herbaceous perennial plant – often regarded as the most abundant and reliable source of resveratrol.
How To Apply Medik8 Hydr8 Night
In the evening, after cleansing, apply a small amount of Hydr8 Night to face, neck and décolleté, avoiding upper and lower eyelids and lips. Use light, upward strokes and allow the cream to fully absorb.
Use Hydr8 B5 Serum prior to application of Hydr8 Night for enhanced re-hydration effect, or mix with Retinol 3 TR or other targeted Medik8 serums to address specific skin concerns.
If irritation occurs, rinse off with water. If irritation persists, cease use and contact your skincare professional.
Medik8 Hydr8 Night Key Ingredients
- Resveratrol: a powerful element containing anti-oxidant properties that is know to promotes cell longevity, and potentially assist in the process of cell protection and rejuvenation.
- Vitamin E: an antioxidant that helps to sooth and protect the skin from free radical damage and help reduce the apearance of fine-lines and wrinkles.
- Beta-Glucan: helps support natural skin restoration mechanisms and is ideal for night-time skin texture renewal.
- Passionflower and Valerian: two powerful botanical antioxidants that contain calming and soothing properties